[Exim] Exim not delievering messages with multiple recipient…

Author: Matt Jones
To: exim-users
CC: Petr Stehlick
Subject: [Exim] Exim not delievering messages with multiple recipients
I have had Exim running great for several months.
Starting several days ago exim no longer seems to send emails to other
recipients when there are more than one reciever (doesn't matter if they
are in TO:, CC: or BCC:. This is what I have found out so far. I am
using a test email of 2 users in the TO:, 1 user in the CC:, subject:
Test, Body: Ignore.
I send the message to the server and watch the exim/mainlog I get:

<date> <mesageID> P=esmtp <= <myemailaddress> U=<myusername> P=local
S=333

Then after a second or so I see this in the /log/syslog:

<date> <servername> mailscanner[processID]: Scanning 1 message, XXX
bytes
<date> <servername> mailscanner[processID]: Scanned 1 message, XXX bytes
in 0 seconds
<firstTO:recipient> D=procmail T=procmail_pipe.

I don't get anything after this for the other 2 recipients.
If I check out the /spool/exim/inputs I get 3 records for the
19Gjvw5....-00. The -H, -D and -J.
The -H shows a perfect Header listing the Number of recipients (3) and
then all the correct email addresses each on a different line.
The -D shows a perfect Body.
The -J shows on the following: N<firstTO:recipient>.

The "firstTO:recipient" is the only one who receives the email.
I call them the "firstTO:recipeint" because if I use "mail
xxx1,xxx2,xxxn" to send the email (from the mail server itself) then
always the "xxx1" user gets the mail, the others don't (and I can
validate that by switching different users as "xxx1". If I do this from
outlook, it's usually alphabetical ( I think it resorts the header and
alphabatizes the recipients list).

So from the server something is disallowing the send of more than one
user. I have check both exim.conf and mailscanner.conf and both seem to
be fine. I have turned off my .procmailrc file to test that and, as I
figured, it made no difference.

Does anyone have any ideas or more places to check. Is there a place I
can check the first incomming (where exim/mainlog) logs the file and
compare it to the /exim/input contents?

I am not sure which version of exim I have (as I'm fairly new to linux
and can't remember the command) and I am using mailscanner and
spamassassin. (note: I have checked out the "assassinated" file in the
users file and these DO NOT contain the missing emails).

I believe that some how only the first email TO: recipient is getting
the email generated and something is stopping exim from generating other
emails after that.

Help please.

Matt Jones
Micro*D, Inc