Re: [Exim] Forwarding Director Help

Author: William Thompson
To: Gordon McKee
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Forwarding Director Help
> I have the following lines in the Transport section of the config file. At present, all users at gdmckee.co.uk get forwarded on, is there a way to merge the transport directors so different users can get delivered to different places, eg gordon@??? to get forwarded to the exchange box and bob@??? get aliased up and saved on the Unix box? I am running exim 4.14 on FreeBSD 4.8.

Wrap your lines at 76 chars.

Looks like you're talking about routers, not transports because what you
pasted is not a transport.

Sounds to me like you want some users at domain gdmckee.co.uk sent to your
exchange server and some users at the same domain to be delivered locally.

From what you say, I'm going to assume you want MOST users delivered to
exchange and some locally.

Put this before your "special" router:
localusers:
    local_parts = bob : other : users : who : are : local
    domains = gdmckee.co.uk
    check_local_user
    transport = local_delivery

If you want a file of local_parts, use:
local_parts = /some/file

> ### Relay Certain Domains to internal NT Server - GDM 23/03/2003 ###
> special:
> driver = manualroute
> transport = remote_smtp
> route_list = gdmckee.co.uk nt-opro-h0.gdmckee.home
>

> ### Virtual Domains Router - GDM ###
> virtual:
> driver = redirect
> domains = dbm;/usr/local/etc/exim/domains.db
> no_more
> data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/usr/local/etc/exim/aliases/$domain}}

by the order you have these, virtual is never called.