Re: [Exim] I wish HELO had never been thought of!

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: moseley
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] I wish HELO had never been thought of!
On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 02:46:27PM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:

> > I could setup a smarthost, but I use the laptop on different networks.
>
> I think smarthost is probably the "right" approach. You might be able
> to configure Exim so that it automatically chooses the right smarthost.

"might" as in "I'm not sure of your expertise with exim" or in "I'm not sure
myself how to do it?" If the first, right I don't know how to automatically
pick a smarthost, but if it's the second, well I'm in trouble... ;)

There is the rare case where there is not a smarthost available like at a
conference that provides wireless access. Of course, that's placing a lot
of trust in the wireless users not to use that for spamming.

I asked this a few days ago without response, but can I setup exim to use a
defined HELO? I tried using primary_hostname but ended up with frozen
messages:

2003-05-14 08:19:03 moseley@??? R=lookuphost defer (-1):
remote host address is the local host
*** Frozen