Re: [Exim] exim3 sender verifications *except* for certain R…

Author: Vineet Kumar
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim3 sender verifications *except* for certain RCPT domains?
--
* Andreas J Mueller (andy@???) [030510 06:12]:
> Hi Vineet!
>
> > If this is impossible with exim3, would it work with exim4? In that
> > case, my solution would be to disable callbacks altogether now and work
> > on a migration path towards exim4.
>
> I have a special no_verify router for Exim 4, that does exactly that:
>
> no_verify:
> driver = accept
> domains = partial-lsearch*;/etc/exim/no_verify_domains
> verify_only
>
> If a sender address domain is listed in no_verify_domains, this router
> will accept the address during sender verification. No callout will
> be done. Maybe you can do something similar with Exim 3.

Actually, my question was regarding skipping sender verifications if the
_recipient_ is of a certain domain. I can use
sender_verify_callback_domains to exclude certain senders' domains from
verification.

If what I'm trying to do sounds like a dirty hack, it's because it is =)

Currently, I have one domain for which I'd like no verifications at all;
just accept everything. This particular user has expressed that
rejecting false positives is unacceptable. For this example, let's call
it p.com. Currently, I maintain a list containing braindead domains
which have been rejected trying to send mail to p.com. The first time a
mail gets turned away, I add the braindead domain to this file, and the
retry of this message and any future messages from this domain are
accepted without verification.

What I was hoping for was some way for exim to do something like this:

220 doorstop.net ESMTP Exim 3.35 #1 Tue, 13 May 2003 17:12:44 -0700
EHLO braindead.com
250-doorstop.net Hello mail.colfax-intl.com [12.36.126.41]
250-SIZE
250-PIPELINING
250-STARTTLS
250 HELP
MAIL From: someone@???

250 <someone@???> is syntactically correct
RCPT To: someone@???
>>> RCPT is in p.com. Changed my mind: will not give error after DATA

250 <someone@???> verified
DATA
.
250 OK id=19FjwM-00088Y-00

It seems unlikely that there would be code in place to do this, and I'd
rather just move to exim4 than patch and run a custom exim3.

Thanks for the example, anyway.

good times,
Vineet
--