Re: [Exim] exim 4 as backup MX (pt2)

Author: Kelv
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim 4 as backup MX (pt2)
William wrote...

> Since I don't know anything about sendmail, from what it looked like, that
> file is for local domains which are delivered locally.
>
> You can use a manual route for specific domains, but that may not be that
> great of a solution. I've never used manual route, so I can't help on that
> one.
>
> One solution would be to set your backup MX as mail.whatever.com and use
> that name in both example.com and whatever.com

That is the obvious fix, though I actually have dozens of domains, not all
of which are under my control so I rely on the MTA being able to pretend
it has more than one name.

People often have vanity mail.theirdomain.com type addresses pointed at
ISP mailservers. I would find it hard to believe it is not possible for
Exim to cope with this :(

Kelv