Re: [Exim] SMTP AUTH PLAIN - error in documentation and conf…

Author: CaLViN
To: Philip Hazel
Subject: Re: [Exim] SMTP AUTH PLAIN - error in documentation and config files
Hallo Philip,

> It has been changed in the documentation since July 22 2002, when
> the 4.10 edition of the manual came out. There are no authenticators
> in the default configuration file.

I'm sorry, I must have looked at an old version, or maybe I was just
blind after spending too much time looking for it...

> Exim 3 is obsolete and is no longer maintained (though I would fix a
> really serious bug if one cropped up).

This is interesting. Is this info somewhere on the website? Since I
failed to read properly once, I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think
this is mentioned somewhere. I thought that both versions are still
maintained, and that things would still be fixed (both in the product
and in the doc) for version 3.

Is there any document that points out the changes from 3 to 4?

Thanks,

CaLViN