Re: [Exim] TARPIT ACL - for Spam Control

Author: Thomas Tonino
To: Marc Perkel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] TARPIT ACL - for Spam Control
Marc Perkel wrote:
> Yes - the ide would be to make it slow and expensive for spammers to
> connect to our servers. So expensive perhaps that they create a
> blacklist to avoid us! I would love to be on that blacklist.

>> BTW while setting up tarpitting I've noticed that using message = in a
>> deny statement does not give anything back in the SMTP session.

Oops... I meant to say 'message in an accept statement'. Any way to tell the
connected host some information while I am tarpitting it while accepting the
mail? Message = in a deny works fine.

I'd see it as a 'soft block' for hosts on a dynhost DNS list for example, and it
would be nice if someone who was running a legitimate mailing list from such a
connection could understand what was going on.

Thomas