Re: [Exim] forward mail

Author: Leonardo Boselli
To: Marco Gomes, Exim-Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] forward mail
On 10 May 2003, at 10:48, Marco Gomes wrote:
> I have two exim servers, one (10.10.106.250) mail.my.domain.com, it's
> my main server where wall mail arrives.
> Now i have a second server in a different location, (10.10.107.250)
> mail2.my.domain.com, where i will be putting new users.
> How can i forward all mail for non existing user in
> mail.my.domain.com to
> mail2.my.domain.com ???(example!!!)

exim 3 or exim 4 ?
I have a similar setup , but things are easier since all user on the
two server are selceted by just the first charachter of username !
I can suggest three different ways for three cases:
a. no users are added/removed on mail, new user are
added/removed in mail2
b. users can be added/removed on both server

in case a, on mail2 just set a aliases list with the adresses
@mail.my.domain.com of all the users that reside in mail, on mail
instead just set the last director to -if id could not route locally-
pass to the other server . On exim3 this director:

local_notfound:
        driver = smartuser
        new_address = $local_part@???

> How can i send messages directly to domain.com instead of sending
> them through mail.my.domain.com ???

WHAT is the main MX server for domain com ?
WHAT is the main MX server for domain com ?
WHAT is the main MX server for domain com ?
to reply/understand this question one should know how is set the
network, what kind of clients , etc .... at least reply to this question
Usually using the locol smtp server for realy is the best thing.