Re: [Exim] SPA Authentication

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Nigel Metheringham
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] SPA Authentication
On 9 May 2003, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> Its probably worth putting a note (or rather a large obvious notice) in
> the main documentation - ideally copied at the top of the index for the
> HTML docs - so that this point is made clear.

It mentions it in section 1.1 "Exim documentation". Maybe it could be
bigger, but too late now for the 4.20 manual.

> I'll look at making the NewStuff information directly available off the
> website (see if I can produce an automatic HTML filter) - in fact is
> there any chance you could split the NewStuff files out of the main
> tarball as well, so there's a NewStuff-4.14.txt file along side the
> exim-4.14.tar.gz file?

For a long time now I have placed the NewStuff file for each individual
release in a separate file on the ftp site, both plain and gzipped, in
the ChangeLogs directory. So what you want is already there! For
example:

ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/exim/ChangeLogs/NewStuff-4.14.gz

However, now that I come to think of it, those files are not cumulative.
So you would have to concatentate all of those whose numbers postdate
the documentation number.

Hmm. Should I change to putting cumulative NewStuff files there instead?
Now is a good time to make a change, because the NewStuff file for the
4.20 release is going to empty.

Philip