Re: [Exim] White Listing for RBLs

Author: Andreas J Mueller
To: Fred Krug
Subject: Re: [Exim] White Listing for RBLs
Hi Fred!

> Now if I wanted to block out an address like big@??? or a domain could
> I do it like the following or what would work?

>     deny    message       = host is listed in $dnslist_domain
>             !senders      = /etc/exim/exim.whitelist
>             senders      = /etc/exim/exim.blacklist
>             dnslists      = bl.spamcop.net:dnsbl.njabl.org:relays.ordb.org

I suppose you do not want to apply DNSBL checks to the blocked
senders, rather to deny them unconditionally. You should use a
separate deny rule for that:

      deny    message       = mail from <$sender_address> not allowed
              senders       = /etc/exim/exim.blacklist

A nice feature of address lists is that you can have exceptions:

!friend@???
evildomain.com

in exim.blacklist (in this order!) will refuse mail from the whole
evildomain.com domain, but will let friend@??? through.
Blacklisting addresses works also well with persistent spammers like
trafficmagnet.com or websalesjet.net, who tend to use "real" domains
to send out their spam.

Andy

--
Andreas J. Mueller                            email: <andy@???>