Re: [Exim] Exim & MySQL

Author: Philip Hazel
To: William Thompson
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim & MySQL
On Tue, 6 May 2003, William Thompson wrote:

> It would be nice to have the ability to simply put all data from a lookup
> like that and check each line. I thought that's how it'd work, but when I
> RTFM, I noticed it was only going to return true/false which in my case when
> I was testing, it was always true (because of the sql condition).
>
> If something like that's possible, I'd like to wishlist it.

Sorry, I'm not exactly clear what you are asking for here. I'm probably
missing some vital point. At present you have two choices for the way
you use lookups in a list:

1. Have the lookup return a list, which is then searched. The syntax is:

    hosts = ${lookup mysql ..... }

2.  Use the lookup as a way of indexing into a list of permitted hosts/
    domains/whatever. The syntax ix:

    hosts = mysql;...

You can even use both of these in the same item:

    hosts = mysql;... : ${lookup mysql ....}

Clearly, you are asking for a third facility, but I'm not sure what it
is. Please point out to me what I am missing here!