Re: [Exim] How to have to plaintext authenticators? (Exim 4)

Author: John Jetmore
To: Ralf G. R. Bergs
CC: exim-users ML
Subject: Re: [Exim] How to have to plaintext authenticators? (Exim 4)
On Tue, 6 May 2003, Ralf G. R. Bergs wrote:

> is it possible to have to plaintext authenticators, and have authentication
> continue with the second one after the first one fails?
>
> I can't seem to get this running myself.
>
> Or do I need to combine the two server_conditions into one to consolidate the
> two authenticators into a single one?

I asked about this a month or two ago so the full thing's in the archives,
but the basic answer was that it was an interesting idea but hard to
implement because there was no easy mechanism to pass data between the
authenticators. So, unless that ever gets fleshed out (which would be
much more in keeping w/ the style of the rest of the config, IMO, you have
to combine the server conditions using 'or'.

--John