[Exim] Re: ANTISPAM reply-based unblock-sender-email (www/re…

Author: Marc MERLIN
To: n
CC: exim-users, news
Subject: [Exim] Re: ANTISPAM reply-based unblock-sender-email (www/reply)
On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 12:52:51PM +0000, n@??? wrote:
> - I am very sorry if this sounds harsh...
>
> Sorry, but (as anti-spam measure) I have blocked your email :-(
>
> .... until I can identify you as human. Please either
>
> - click here >> xxxxx <<<
>
> ..... and your previous email and all future emails will be delivered.

Just for info, being an admin, I do not reply to TDMA style messages from
users (I'll make an exception for a mailing list I'm not subscribed to).

I especially cannot stand people who ask for a confirmation when I reply to
one of their mails.

That may help them, but I refuse to play that game. For one, they will lose
all my messages (and I know they also get removed from lists like
sourceforge.net when they bounce a TDMA message to a password reminder or
list verification)

With exim callouts, HELO checking, and SA-Exim, I get virtually no spam, and
without annoying people who send me mail.

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/   |   Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key