[Exim] Exim 4.14 failed to open DB file

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Oliver Egginger
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] Exim 4.14 failed to open DB file
Helo,

I'am working under Mandrake 9.1.

I installed Exim 4.14 an made a simple configure file for testing.

When I send a message I receive the following log message:

failed to open DB file /var/spool/mail/db/wait-remote_smtp: Permission
denied (euid=8 egid=12)

The file system rights are suitable.
When I do a su to the user mail (uid=8), for example,
I can modify /var/spool/mail/db/wait-remote_smtp
trouble-free.

I did a test in exims debug mode via the command
/usr/exim/bin/exim -v -d -M <Msg-ID>

here are some of the resulting lines:

transport_check_waiting entered
sequence=1 local_max=500 global_max=-1
locking /var/spool/mail/db/wait-remote_smtp.lockfile
locked /var/spool/mail/db/wait-remote_smtp.lockfile
LOG: MAIN
failed to open DB file /var/spool/mail/db/wait-remote_smtp: Permission
denied (euid=8 egid=12)
SMTP>> QUIT

Could it be, that Exim gets confused by the existens
of the file
/var/spool/mail/db/wait-remote_smtp.lockfile    ???

This file exits since the first delivery.
And it don't go away.

For the rest my exim installation works just fine.
Also the mails get delivered.
In spite of the failure.

- oliver