Re: [Exim] Sendmail conversion

Author: Josh Siegel
To: Nico Erfurth, Kelv
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Sendmail conversion

> Kelv wrote:
>
> > I would like to convert a sendmail based mailserver to use Exim 4 (with
>
> Good decision.
>
> > exiscan, etc). The problem I have is that I do not know how to implement
> > the Exim equivalent of sendmails virtusertable and mailertable files.
>

> > There are about 50 domains or so, and the virtusertable file looks
> > something like this example. Everything other than the aliasX's are real
> > mailboxes.

Directly above the system_aliases: target (in exim4), place a:

system_aliases1:
driver = redirect
allow_fail
allow_defer
qualify_preserve_domain
data = ${lookup{$local_part@$domain}lsearch{/etc/mail/virtusertable.txt}}
user = mail
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe

Now, way below the localuser:mail router, place a

system_aliases2:
driver = redirect
allow_fail
allow_defer
qualify_preserve_domain
data = ${lookup{@$domain}lsearch{/etc/mail/virtusertable.txt}}
user = mail
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe

Remember, the order of these two routers are very important....

Now, in your /etc/mail/virtusertable.txt file, you would have

==
foo@???         baba
@bar.com               john@???
==