[Exim] Sendmail conversion

Author: Kelv
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Sendmail conversion
Hi,

I would like to convert a sendmail based mailserver to use Exim 4 (with
exiscan, etc). The problem I have is that I do not know how to implement
the Exim equivalent of sendmails virtusertable and mailertable files.

There are about 50 domains or so, and the virtusertable file looks
something like this example. Everything other than the aliasX's are real
mailboxes.

In /etc/mail/virtusertable

@domain1.com            fred
jim@???            alias1
pager@???        alias2
@whatever.com            whatmbx
blah@???        ernie
sales@???        alias3
abuse@???        boss
and so on..

In /etc/mail/aliases...

alias1:        jim@???
alias2:        fred,jim,12345678@???
alias3:        theboss,sales
and so on..

Less important, but used is a mailertable file for one particular domain I
was forwarding mail for after cleaning out spam, etc. I'd like to be able
to do this too.

somedomain.com    esmtp:[some.other.mailserver.com]

I'd like to do this using the SQL lookup (which is what I was originally
trying to make work but failed) in Exim but the correct search line to
parse the virtusertable file would also work.

I did RTFM at exim.org, scoured the web and usenet, etc for days to no
avail, so help would be greatly appreciated. Please be explicit if you
give any instructions e.g. actual exim conf examples.

It would be wonderful if there was a doc somewhere on how to transition
from sendmail configs such as above. Does the new Exim book cover this? I
think it would certainly help adoption of Exim.

The platform is Slackware Linux, 2.4.20 kernel on an i586.

Thank you,

Kelv :)