Re: [Exim] Idea to slow down spammers

Author: Alan J. Flavell
Subject: Re: [Exim] Idea to slow down spammers
On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> [ On Wednesday, April 30, 2003 at 13:01:07 (+0100), Alan J. Flavell wrote: ]
> >
> > The classic teergrube works by sending continuation lines at
> > intervals: that way, you can spin out the response in units of a few
> > minutes (less than the 5 minute timeout, I mean) for an hour or more.
>
> Any such idea must make an almost infinite number of assumptions about
> how the average spamware will behave.

Well, Sir, I'm only repeating what I have read (I tried to make that
clear in what I was writing). As I say, I've no idea how to do this
with exim, and so I have no statistics on how well or badly it works,
but you can read Google's top hit for Teergrube just as easily as I
can: http://www.iks-jena.de/mitarb/lutz/usenet/teergrube.en.html ,
and there's nothing that I can usefully add to that, I'm afraid.

all the best