Re: [Exim] Idea to slow down spammers

Author: Tony Earnshaw
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Idea to slow down spammers
På on , 30/04/2003 klokka 10:43, skreiv ODHIAMBO G. Washington:

> > Here's an interesting thought to help fight spam. The idea to to trap
> > spammers into a really slow connection taking up huge amounts of
> > resources on the spammers servers and basically trapping them. The idea
> > is to trap spammers in a really slow connection and if there were a lot
> > of servers doing this - it could really bog down the servers of the big
> > spammers.
>
> Is this any different that Teergrubbibg done by Marc's SA-Exim??

"grubbibg" is different from "grubing" :)

Marc's, based on SpamAssassin, is far more sophisticated and does its
thing in real time based on smtp data content. Exim's spammer
teergrubing has to be based on RBLs or blocklists.

But Marc's can't, for example, cope with spammers' dictionary attacks,
as Exim can. With Exim one can cause severe pain to people trying these.

So I do both, each as warranted by the situation.

Best,

Tony

--
Tony Earnshaw

Do not come to visit me with both arms the same length.

e-post:        tonni@???
www:        http://www.billy.demon.nl

Tony Earnshaw