Re: [Exim] EXIM_USER value in Makefile during building

Author: Wei Wang
To: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] EXIM_USER value in Makefile during building
Nico,

Thanks. So if a certain user "john" on my linux box wants to fetch email
from an email address like wei@???
Then I should set EXIM_USER=wei@??? ? If so, does it mean that every
user on my linux box has to configure, build
and install his/her own copy of Exim with setting the EXIM_USER as his/her
own email address?

My naive understanding about this was that "fetchmail" would indicate which
email address to fetch email from, where each user
on my linux box could set his/her own email address in the personal
.fetchmailrc file. Then all my linux box's users' email would all
be sent to port 25 where Exim is acting as an SMTP server, listening at port
25. In that case, there should only be one SMTP server running
on my linux box. If I set EXIM_USER=wei@???, does that mean the Exim
SMTP server only takes email from one single email address?

Please excuse me for any silly newbie understanding about all these.

Wei