Re: [Exim] exim -qff, unreachable MX hosts and retry behavio…

Author: Marc Haber
To: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim -qff, unreachable MX hosts and retry behavior
On Mon, 28 Apr 2003 20:48:17 +0200, Nico Erfurth <masta@???>
wrote:
>Marc Haber wrote:
>> Is there a combination of command line options that does the
>> following:
>>
>> - do a delivery attempt for each message on the queue
>> - don't try any MX hosts that have proven to be unreachable during
>> this queue run.
>
>Have you tried to run exim -qqff?
>No sure whatever this works, but you cn try it ;)

exim -qqff unfreezes all messages, routes them, and then delivers each
of them, grouping messages to the same domain together so that they
are delivered through the same SMTP connection.

But if an MX is not reachable, each message to the corresponding
domain gets a connect_timeout penalty. OTOH, I suspect that since the
messages are all unfrozen first thing after invocation, certain
messages might already be frozen again by other queue runners before
the monitored -qqff process reaches them.

Greetings
Marc