Re: [Exim] Exim filter only copying Incoming mail

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Niall O Riordan
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim filter only copying Incoming mail
On Fri, 25 Apr 2003, Niall O Riordan wrote:

> I seem to have a rather strange problem, I've done quite alot of
> searching and been unable to find an answer. I'm hosted by
> nomonthlyfees.com who run Exim as their MTA.

So you are just a *user* of Exim, right? Not an administrator.

> I've set up a filter to unseen deliver all mail incoming/outgoing to
> my address.

Filters for ordinary users only see incoming messages that are addressed
to the user. They don't see messages from the user.

> Unfortunately trhe filter is only delivering incoming mail to me and
> not outgoing.

If you are just a normal user on the system, the filter won't see your
outgoing mail. That's just the way filters work.