Re: Re[2]: [Exim] Quoting "$pipe_addresses" in pipe command

Author: I. Forbes
To: Wild Karl-Heinz, exim-users
Subject: Re: Re[2]: [Exim] Quoting "$pipe_addresses" in pipe command
Hello Karl-Heinz

On 22 Apr 2003 at 15:23, Wild Karl-Heinz wrote:

> whereof you are working?
> exim, exiscan or what.

I am working on "pyscan", an anti-virus script I have written. It is
different to exiscan in that:

-   It does not make use of a commercial scanner with a database of
known
    virus signatures.

- It relies totally on mime header information.

-   It can rename filename extensions to prevent inadvertent
execution
    of attached files.

- It can send notification of actions taken to recipients as well
as senders.

-   No modifications or patches are required to exim. ( I use
"debian"
    exim binaries.)

We have found it to be low maintenance, very effective with good user
acceptance.

You can find details at:

http://www.zsd.co.za/~ian/software/pyscan

(I am working on a maintenance update with bug fixes for weird local
parts and a bug in the recursive scanning code, which I have fixed
but not yet released).

Regards

Ian
Ian Forbes ZSD
http://www.zsd.co.za
Office: +27 21 683-1388 Fax: +27 21 674-1106
Snail Mail: P.O. Box 46827, Glosderry, 7702, South Africa