Re: [Exim] Quoting "$pipe_addresses" in pipe command

Author: I. Forbes
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Quoting "$pipe_addresses" in pipe command
Hello Philip

On 22 Apr 2003 at 14:09, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, I. Forbes wrote:

> > It seems the python interpreter does not like what exim is sending
> > it. I am not sure which one generates the error message.
>
> Well, Exim certainly won't generate an error message that starts "sh:" !

I have got to the bottom of this.

The error is generated when the pyscan script tries to deliver the
message back to exim with a command line:

/usr/sbin/exim -oMr pyscan -i -f <sender> <recipients>

Python uses a shell when I execute the above via a python "popen"
command. I fixed it by swapping "s an 's in the python code but I
must still test it with other nasty local parts.

Thanks for the help.

Ian
Ian Forbes ZSD
http://www.zsd.co.za
Office: +27 21 683-1388 Fax: +27 21 674-1106
Snail Mail: P.O. Box 46827, Glosderry, 7702, South Africa