Re: [Exim] Exim & MySQL

Author: Philip Hazel
To: William Thompson
CC: Matthias Pronk, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim & MySQL
On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, William Thompson wrote:

> > data = ${lookup mysql { MYSQL_QUERY_ALIASES }}
>
> This looks like your problem..  try this:
>    data = ${lookup mysql { MYSQL_QUERY_ALIASES }{$value}}

> You'll need to do the same thing for the rest of the lookups as well.
>
> Basically, you're saying data = "" because the lookup returns information in
> $value but you're not using it. I've been burned with this before.

You must have been burned quite a while ago. For a long time now the
default for lookups, if no strings are supplied after the lookup, is
"{$value}". And if I recall correctly, before that you would have
provoked a syntax error if at least one string was not provided. So I'm
not quite sure exactly how you were burned...