Re: [Exim] SMTP Auth against /etc/master.passwd on FreeBSD

Author: Alexander Sabourenkov
To: Jez Hancock
CC: Exim Users List
Subject: Re: [Exim] SMTP Auth against /etc/master.passwd on FreeBSD
Jez Hancock wrote:

> And yet another idea I was playing with - ironically though cyrus-sasl failed to build
> on my system which was why I moved to exim (from sendmail) in first place . Long story, but basically
> cyrus-sasl was running nicely via sendmail until I tried to upgrade to a later version
> of cyrus-sasl - at which the install borked - so I decided to change to exim.

Note that you don't need to install all of SASL, nor you need to compile it
all. You need only do:

./configure --with-pwcheck
cd pwcheck
make
cp pwcheck /usr/local/sbin

mkdir /var/pwcheck
chown mail:mail /var/pwcheck
chmod 750 /var/pwcheck

pwcheck

and if at that stage you have an exim binary compiled with

CYRUS_PWCHECK_SOCKET=/var/pwcheck/pwcheck

in Local/Makefile,

you are ready to go. Use

server_condition = "${if pwcheck{$2:$3}{1}{0}}"

for AUTH PLAIN and

server_condition = "${if pwcheck{$2:$3}{1}{0}}"

for AUTH LOGIN.

--

./lxnt