Re: [Exim] redhat 9 and tls support

Author: Tony Earnshaw
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] redhat 9 and tls support
søn, 20.04.2003 kl. 15.43 skrev Suresh Ramasubramanian:

> > > I just upgraded from redhat 8 where i had complied exim with tls support
> >
> > What "upgraded from redhat 8?" What did you upgrade to?

> I guess RH9, judging by the subject?

I suppose so :-) Seems likely, though a certain gentleman from Symas
Corp./Highland Sun keeps rapping me on my fingers for guessing things
about other software.

> There is an Exim SRPM / RPM on ftp.exim.org - maybe he used that? Or there are RPM specfiles by the dozen (well, four or five at least) which have been mentioned on exim-users.

Well he obviously shouldn't. Doing things "by the book" always works.
Exim (4.14 at least) is supernaturally easy to compile, even with
speciality things like SA-Exim dlopen. Using rpms and srpms means
subjecting oneself to other peoples' ideas of what's right - and in this
case it obviously isn't.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

Do not come to visit me with both arms the same length.

e-post:        tonni@???
www:        http://www.billy.demon.nl