Re: [Exim] exim,amavis behind firewall

Author: CHAN
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim,amavis behind firewall
Can anyone please help me solve this problem??

CHAN

> Hi all,
>
> I've a problem with exim configure setting, now I'm using the

amavis-new2003 and exim4.12, and user will need to login before sending
email (using mysql).

> The problem is when I want all mails (incoming and outgoing) scan by virus

scanner, it will come out error with "relay not permitted", but if I just
scan incoming mails, this situation would not happen (but when the virus
scanner detect a virus within incoming email, it can not send a warning
letter to the sender who sent from outside, come out error "relay not
permitted", no error for internal sender).

> My exim configure setting listing in below:
> Scan both incoming and outgoing mail
>
> (in router part)
> amavis:
>  driver = manualroute
>  domains = ! +local_domains
>  condition = "${if or {{eq {$interface_port}{10025}} \
>                        {eq {$received_protocol}{spam-scanned}} \
>                        {eq {$sender_address}{}} \
>                          }{0}{1} \
>                 }"
>  transport = amavis
>  route_list = "* my.domain bydns"
>  self = send

> (in transport part)
> amavis:
> driver = smtp
> port = 10024
> allow_localhost
>
> Scan incoming email only
>
> (in router part)
> dnslookup:
> driver = dnslookup
> domains = ! +local_domains
> transport = remote_smtp
> ignore_target_hosts = 0.0.0.0 : 127.0.0.0/8
> no_more
>
> (in transport part)
> remote_smtp:
> driver = smtp
>
> There is a solution can solve this problem, but it will make my mail

server become open relay, user can send email without login, this is not a
good idea for security.