Re: [Exim] relay mail to different port on same host

Author: gcrothers
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] relay mail to different port on same host
Thanks Nico

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nico Erfurth" <masta@???>
To: "gcrothers" <gcrothers@???>
Cc: <exim-users@???>
Sent: 17 April 2003 10:37

> gcrothers wrote:
>
> > However, this now means that my server rejects incoming mail for that
> > domain,
> > I am thinking that I need to leave intranetdomain.com in my localdomains
> > list and then create a director statement
> > to forward the mail to my router statement.....
> >
> > Am I correct?
> > if so any guidance please??
>
> Well, it's exim3 .... you could try to use an smartuser-director, that
> uses a smtp-transport with fixed host values. (Does this work with exim3?

Just checked the docs and it is available in exim3

But still cant get it to work ..

here is what I have

####director statement

localredirect:
# Route to pass domain mail to intranet server by GARRY
driver = smartuser
domains = ardmoretechnologies.info
transport = internal_smtp

####transport
internal_smtp:
driver = smtp
port = 26

I have intranetdomain.com listed in the host_accept_relay
and it is also a local domain.

I have removed the router statement.

>>Exim version?

version 3.36

>> The default exim-file contains a system_aliases router/director, that's

(mostly) all what you need.

I will take a look at system_aliases router/director,

> But I think you should upgrade to exim4 instead.
>
> Nico

I dont think my host will allow that, it is something to do with the way
cpanel is setup

garry