Re: [Exim] exim rejecting mails from sites that were ok.

Author: Kirill Miazine
To: Sujit Choudhury
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim rejecting mails from sites that were ok.
Sujit Choudhury wrote:
> > > check_recipient:
> > >   accept  hosts = :
> > >   accept  recipients = postmaster@??? : \
> > >       postmaster@???
> > >   deny    hosts = ! /mail/exim/files/net_reject_except : \
> > >           ! * : *

Would you please explain what this particular ACL is supposed to do?

You deny from hosts that are not in net_reject_except and no hosts and
all hosts? No hosts will be blocked by this ACL because of "!*".

> > Get rid of the above one - it serves no useful purpose. Or please
> > explain how it is supposed to work. The check below does what you need
> > if I understand your logic correctly.
> >
> > >   deny    hosts = ! /mail/exim/files/net_reject_except : \
> > >       +include_unknown:partial-lsearch;/mail/exim/files/host_reject : \
> > >       /mail/exim/files/net_reject

> > This part seems ok. Can you show some examples on what net_reject_except,
> > host_reject and net_reject files contain?

As I said in a mail sent yesterday, this is not ok unless you want to
reject RCPT commands from hosts that are not whitelisted by
net_reject_except and whose IP address does't resolve to a hostname (and
also hosts listed in host_reject and net_reject of course).

--
Kirill Miazine, Stud. Jur.
Faculty of Law, University of Oslo