Re: [Exim] max_batch and lmtp driver

Author: Phil Chambers
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] max_batch and lmtp driver
On Fri, 11 Apr 2003 10:15:13 +0100 (BST) Philip Hazel <ph10@???> wrote:

> Now, having one message with 20000 recipients is not a good idea, for
> other reasons which have often been thrashed out on this list. The best
> way of dealing with large mailing lists is to use a list handler
> (majordomo, listman, mailman, whatever) and configure it to inject
> multiple copies of the message, each with (say) a few hundred
> recipients.

I recognise the difficulties with very large lists where the membership is not local
and one may end up with large numbers of hotmail (etc.) addresses and fall foul of
their spam detection. In this case, though, all the addresses would be local. Am I
missing some other issue?

Phil.
Phil Chambers (postmaster@???)
University of Exeter