Re: [Exim] Exim, mac os x server, and netinfo

Author: Chuck Kenney
To: David Chait
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim, mac os x server, and netinfo
I would love to do that, except that until Apple switches their
standard admin tools for OS X Server to do so, it's not a viable
alternative. I very much plan on not being here forever (probably not
even a year from now), and I am the only semi-UNIX savvy user here.
So, anything that I set up needs to be easily administered by the
people that are still here.

If all else fails, I'll just write a cron job to pass the group/user
lists from netinfo into the aliases file every night, and let exim send
to the "groups" off of that.

It appears that Apple is phasing out NetInfo (who knows, it's Apple),
as 10.2 is less dependent on it as 10.1, and Mac OS X (server and
client) does support LDAP and such. My hope is that the next major
revision of the OS will finish the transition, and include NetInfo for
"legacy" purposes.

Here's hoping!

--
Chuck Kenney