Re: [Exim] exim rejecting mails from sites that were ok.

Author: Nico Erfurth
To: Sujit Choudhury
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim rejecting mails from sites that were ok.
Sujit Choudhury wrote:
> We have recently moved from exim 2.x to exim 4.12. We are getting lot

                                                ^^^^ upgrade  to 4.14

> of mail reject.
> Our ACL is
>
> check_recipient:
>   accept  hosts = :
>   accept  recipients = postmaster@??? : \
>       postmaster@???
>   deny    hosts = ! /mail/exim/files/net_reject_except : \
>                   ! * : *

"Reject anyone not in the list, and not matching *, but macthing *" HE?

>   deny    hosts = ! /mail/exim/files/net_reject_except : \
>       +include_unknown:partial-lsearch;/mail/exim/files/host_reject :
> /mail/exi

Incomplete....

> # address is in rbl-plus.mail-abuse.ja.net - so rejected
>   deny    message = host is listed in $dnslist_domain
>           dnslists = rbl-plus.mail-abuse.ja.net:rbl.maps.vix.com
>   deny    senders = *@partial-lsearch;/mail/exim/files/sender_reject :
> lsearch;

incemplete....

>   require verify = sender
>   accept  domains = +local_domains
>   accept  domains = +relay_domains
>   accept  hosts = +relay_hosts
>   deny    message = relay not permitted

Well, basicly, your whole ACL looks f*cked.

As the others said, show some logentries, and use
exim -d -bh rejected.ip.address
to find out WHY it rejects.
And maybe you should read the part about ACLs again in your spec.txt.

Nico