Re: [Exim] ExiScan 4.14-26 issue with nested ZIP archives

Author: Michael Jakscht
To: exim-users
CC: Tom Kistner
Subject: Re: [Exim] ExiScan 4.14-26 issue with nested ZIP archives
Hi,

Tom Kistner <tom@???> wrote:

> Michael Jakscht wrote:
>
> > We're using the uvscan (McAfee).
>
> >>If it is a command line scanner, you can try to squelch it with a
> >>command line option.
>
> > It is a command line scanner, yes, but how can I squelch it?
> > Do I squelch the command where uvscan is invoked by exiscan??
> > Or something else?
> > Maybe you have got an idea on how the option I should look for is

named??

> No, I don't know uvscan. Sophos Sweep has an option called "-ss"
> (super-silent), that makes it produce output only when it finds
> something stinky. Maybe uvscan has something similar.

Okay, I found it... I called uvscan with exiscan with following options:

"exiscan_av_scanner_options = --allole --secure --noboot -rv |"

Note the -rv, "v" stands naturally for verbose output... ;-)
So now I call uvscan with

"exiscan_av_scanner_options = --allole --secure --noboot -r |"

And you also could call it with

"exiscan_av_scanner_options = --allole --secure --noboot --summary -r |"

And everything is allright... ;-)

> Most commandline scanners output their progress, some by printing a line
> for each "file" (rather "object") they are scanning. When an archive
> contains thousands of files, the output can get very long. When you view

Exactly, that's been the problem ;-)

> In any case, you can try editing the #defines like I told you, it should
> also help.

Yes, I tried to get around this solution because I think it's a worse
solution than just editing the invoking exiscan command...

Okay, so many thanx to you Tom for your very very fast and good help!
It's great to have so good around people here!

Michael