Re: [Exim] ExiScan 4.14-26 issue with nested ZIP archives

Author: Tom Kistner
To: Michael Jakscht
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] ExiScan 4.14-26 issue with nested ZIP archives
Michael Jakscht wrote:

> We're using the uvscan (McAfee).

>>If it is a command line scanner, you can try to squelch it with a
>>command line option.

> It is a command line scanner, yes, but how can I squelch it?
> Do I squelch the command where uvscan is invoked by exiscan??
> Or something else?
> Maybe you have got an idea on how the option I should look for is named??

No, I don't know uvscan. Sophos Sweep has an option called "-ss"
(super-silent), that makes it produce output only when it finds
something stinky. Maybe uvscan has something similar.

> Am I right that the archive (1MB zipped) is too big when unpacked by
> uvscan
> Or do you mean just the "reply" of uvscan ?

The latter.

> I think this "reply" shouldn't change at all???

Most commandline scanners output their progress, some by printing a line
for each "file" (rather "object") they are scanning. When an archive
contains thousands of files, the output can get very long. When you view
the output on a console, it may seem to be short, since they "reset" the
line they print on with CR only.

In any case, you can try editing the #defines like I told you, it should
also help.

regards,

/tom