Re: [Exim] Exiscan & McAfee uvscan: error parsing returned o…

Author: Igor Karpov
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exiscan & McAfee uvscan: error parsing returned output.
On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 11:35:26AM +0200, Tom Kistner wrote:
> Igor Karpov wrote:
>
> >>Maybe because of the single quotes.
>
> >It was taken directly from exiscan-readme.txt. If it's an error,
> >shouldn't it be corrected?
>
> That is an EXAMPLE that works with Sophos sweep. Let me quote the docs:
>
> --------
> Example: Sophos Sweep reports a virus on a line like this:
>
>               >>> Virus 'W32/Magistr-B' found in file ./those.bat

>              We want to get the W32/Magistr-B string, so we can match
>              for the single quotes left and right of it, resulting in
>              the regex '(.*)' (WITH the quotes!)

>              exiscan_av_scanner_regexp_description = '(.*)'
> ---------

Let me quote the docs too:
------------------------------------
    Typically, the braces will contain '.*', to match any number
    of any character inside.

But now I see my mistake - I decided that regexp must be quoted with the
single quotes and didn't notice that these qoutes are just corresponding to
the quotes in the Sophos output... sorry, guys.

Regards,
--
Igor A. Karpov    phone: +380(44)238-0624 JID: jc@???
Unix System Administrator