RE: [Exim] PAM problems on exim4.14 debian sarge

Author: Cory Daehn
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] PAM problems on exim4.14 debian sarge
> > > Philip, any chance of adding this to the standard build of exim?
> >
> > Very unlikly, because it needs files from the pam-distribution.
>
> Correct. But I can, and will, put a reference to the URL into the
> documentation and the FAQ.

I think I'm asking this simply because I've never really been sold on PAM to
begin with, but WHY would you want PAM support built into exim? Unless it's
for SMTP-Auth...

(I think it's a major pain personally, but can't seem to exterminate it from
my system, so I just live with it)

By the way, was there ever any sort of simple solution found for SMTP after
POP3 for Exim (including using virtual domains), or do we just need to keep
instructing our users to use their ISP's SMTP server (regardless of whether
that changes depending on where they are)...