Re: [Exim] problems setting up exim+spamassassin+cyrus imap

Author: Derek Stevenson
To: exim-users
CC: Patrick Boutilier
Subject: Re: [Exim] problems setting up exim+spamassassin+cyrus imap
At 03:05 AM 4/4/2003, you wrote:
>Derek,
>
>In your spamcheck transport you have the following:
>
># must use a privileged user to set $received_protocol on the way back in!
> user = cyrus
> group = mail
>
>The cyrus user most likely can not set the $received_protocol so the
>mail keeps looping back into the spamcheck_router router. Try using:
>
>user = root
>
>and see if that works.

My exim.conf contains a 'never_users = root' and when I set user=root for the sa transport the exim log states 'User 0 set for spamcheck transport is on the never_users list'. If I clear the never_users setting and retry the email, everything works fine! That's good, but I assume the never_users=root is on purpose... Should I leave never_users=root? Can I subsequently give the mail user permission to set the $received_protocol in the transport? Right now if I set 'user = mail' on the transport, I don't think it properly sets the $received_protocol.