Re: [Exim] queue dependent smart-host

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Leonardo Boselli
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] queue dependent smart-host
On Thu, 3 Apr 2003, Leonardo Boselli wrote:

> In this event what i would like should be:
>    if the mail is to [*.]my.our.com it should patiently retry
>    if the mail is to [*.]our.com it should retry for 10' after which it
>      should forward all undelivered mail to a smarthost

Write yourself an "accept" router that checks the domain, and uses
$message_age in a "condition" option. Make it route to a transport that
sends to your smart host when the message is old enough.

Note that a mail may have more than one recipient. So it might turn out
that it retries for some addresses and smarthosts for others. I presume
that's what you want.

>    in all other cases after 5' the message should turn to the smarthost.

Just another router...

> Ideally the two delays should be adjustable by modifying at every time the
> config file (and hupping the demon ... will this create problems ? ) fron
> 0 to infinity (that is always or never using the smarthost)

To save changing the config and hupping the daemon, put the delay times
in a file and use ${readfile.