Re: [Exim] puzzle with exim 4.14...

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Alan Thew
CC: Exim List
Subject: Re: [Exim] puzzle with exim 4.14...
On Thu, 3 Apr 2003, Alan Thew wrote:

> I'm fully aware that the logging was added at this version but am puzzled
> as to what might be causing the following log entry since it occurs every
> day all on all machines running 4.14. There are no other log entries that
> might be associated...
>
> no IP address found for host 209.237.12.112.29

Possible scenario:

You have sender verification enabled. A host sends you

MAIL FROM:<xxx@???>

In the DNS, Exim finds

some.domain. MX n 209.237.12.112.29.

It therefore tries to look up 209.237.12.112.29 as a host name, in order
to find its IP address.

But if that is true, there should be some reject logging at around the
same time...