Re: [Exim] logging

Author: Philip Hazel
To: William Thompson
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] logging
On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, William Thompson wrote:

> Since I'm using mysql with exim, I was wondering why can't exim use sql to
> do logging.

I have to confess to amazement that anybody would want to do that. I
guess I'm just old fashioned, but the resource cost seems horrendous.

> I realize there are different logs that exim makes in different formats so
> I'm not sure how difficult it would be.

There is a Wish List item that, if implemented, would provide a hook for
the insertion of local code to handle log lines. That would enable you
to do what you want.