Re: [Exim] Exim 4.14 / FreeBSD port. lsearch not working su…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Exim Users
CC: Nico Erfurth, Suresh Ramasubramanian, sheldonh
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim 4.14 / FreeBSD port. lsearch not working suddenly?
On Wed, 2 Apr 2003 (a few minutes ago), I wrote:

> > > ::1
> >    ^^^
> >    You should embedd this in quotes

> True! Unquoted keys in lsearch files may not contain colons.

... and then I went back to editing the Exim manual, which reminded me
that, for this very reason, when Exim is looking up an IPv6 address as a
consequence of something like

hosts = net-lsearch;/some/file

it uses the text form of the IPv6 address with dots as separators rather
than colons. (This behaviour precedes, by a long time, the recent
ability to quote keys in lsearch files.)