[Exim] non-local aliases

Author: Michael Südkamp
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] non-local aliases
Hi we use Exim 3.36-6 on a Debian Linux. I set it up using the menu driven
configure program (option 2 with a smarthost).

My question is regarding the aliases file. If an entry is e.g.

info:user1,user2

a mail to info will be delivered to user1 and user2 as expected.

If I have an entry e.g.

info:user1,user@???     or also
info:user@???

the mail will not be delivered to user@???.

Strange enough that the logfile logs it as being successfully handed over to
the smarthost (same log entry as If I would send a mail directly to
user@???).

I think the aliases file is intended for local adresses, but for Sendmail it
worked this way.
Is there another way to achieve the same?

Michael

MSN - More Useful Every Day http://www.msn.de