Re: [Exim] sender callout failing

Author: David Saez
To: Nico Erfurth
CC: exim-users@exim.org, ph10@cus.cam.ac.uk, masta
Subject: Re: [Exim] sender callout failing
Hi !!

> > Maybe it will be nice to have an option for callout to specify the
> > envelope sender to use when doing a callout verification as now this
> > control does not really test if the address exists or not (as the
> > fact that the server is not prepared to accept bounce messages does
> > not mean that the testing address exists or not). Testing the envelope
> > sender with callout using a envelope sender is ok, but maybe it will
> > be better to relax it when testing addresses from the header.
>
> It's not so easy. Think about it, 2 exim installations, both try to do a
> sender callout with a custom envelope from. This will result in a endless
> loop (theoretical). Exim would need to handle the outgoing address in a
> special way (not impossible, but still, less than perfect).

well, I could setup a special address for this (i.e. callout@???)
for which I will disable sender callout verification so it will never
enter and endless loop.

--
Thanx & best regards ...

I need my computer; it keeps me out of the bars!!

   On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david@???
   Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
   08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53