[Exim] Problems with pipes and returned mails

Author: Jesper Lindhardt
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Problems with pipes and returned mails
Hi guys

I am trying to set up my webhost to forward emails to a given php script.
I don't have shell access, but a webinterface, where I can set up email
forwards.
This works fine and I've set up a forward to a php script with
"|/home/usrname/mail.php"

When I try to send an email to the forward address the script is executed
and works perfectly. However, an email is returned to the address I used to
send the first email with the following error:

==========================
Subject: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

Body:

  pipe to |/home/username/mail.php
    generated by testphp@*domain.com*

The following text was generated during the delivery attempt:

------ pipe to |/home/username/mail.php
       generated by testphp@*domain.com* ------

[the message I sent originally]

Can anyone tell me what I - or the host - can do to prevent this error from
happening?

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Thanks

Jesper