Re: [Exim] Error in Exim ... Urgent plz

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: James P. Roberts
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Bilal, exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Error in Exim ... Urgent plz
<snip>
> "The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'test', Server:

'192.168.0.1', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:
10071, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E"

> (note: test account is present in my Linux server)
>
> even pop3 is working fine as i mention above (telnet 192.168.0.1 110) it

executes ... but again the problem still there...

> Now i got confused what to do next ... how to solve this problem ?
>
> waiting for your nice response ..
> I be very greatful to you ....
>
> kind regards,
> Bilal
> System Engineer ...

My best guess is that you need to put in a fully qualified domain name,
instead of an IP address, in the SMTP and POP server fields in your OE client
setup.

If that doesn't work (assuming you have proper DNS entries for your server),
then try turning on logging in the OE client, and see if you can determine
where the conversation is failing. (Caveat: OE logging is pretty poor; I have
seen it make problems look like they are on the server end, when actually on
the OE client end.)

99.99999% probably an OE configuration problem, or a network problem, rather
than Exim problem. (For one thing, Exim does not handle POP3, only SMTP.)

Regards,
Jim Roberts
Punster Productions, Inc.