Re: [Exim] Dealing with AOl blocking smtp servers on DUL

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Dennis Davis
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: List - Exim
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Dealing with AOl blocking smtp servers on DUL
>From: Nico Erfurth <masta@???>
>To: Hanasaki JiJi <hanasaki@???>
>cc: List - Exim <exim-users@???>
>Subject: Re: [Exim] Dealing with AOl blocking smtp servers on DUL
>Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 17:57:18 +0100 (CET)

>But it's better to use domains = !+local_domains and removing the
>old dnslookup router, so all external mail goes through the smart
>host.

Agreed. If possible, you should use the mail server provided by
your ISP.

>AOL aren't the only ones blocking by DULs.

That's certainly true. For example, the UK Academic community has a
subscription to MAPS:

http://www.ja.net/CERT/JANET-CERT/mail/mail-abuse/

so it's certainly in use in the UK. We use it and mail from sites
listed in MAPS is rejected unless it's for postmaster.