Re: [Exim] Question concerning lookups

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: William Thompson
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Ralf Ramge
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Question concerning lookups
> >hostlist reject_from_hosts = net-dbm;/etc/exim/dbm/blacklist_hosts.dbm
> >if you want to search by IP address.
>
> Yes, it works with IP addresses. But I'll still have to switch to plain
> text files because it doesn't work with networks in CIDR notation. But
> thank you (and William) very much for the help - I guess I would have
> never found the mentioning of the "net-" prefix in the manual/book by
> myself.

Welcome...

You can do CIDR notation, but you'll have to search the file atmost 31 more
times.

You can use:
net1-dbm;/etc/exim/dbm/blacklist_hosts.dbm
net2-dbm;/etc/exim/dbm/blacklist_hosts.dbm
net3-dbm;/etc/exim/dbm/blacklist_hosts.dbm
net29-dbm;/etc/exim/dbm/blacklist_hosts.dbm
net30-dbm;/etc/exim/dbm/blacklist_hosts.dbm
net31-dbm;/etc/exim/dbm/blacklist_hosts.dbm

This is why I use flat files.

On an sql query, it would be just as bad, but the sql server does the
lookups and exim would be only once.