Re: [Exim] Exim segfaulting with OpenSSL 0.9.7a

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Nigel Metheringham
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Florian Laws
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Exim segfaulting with OpenSSL 0.9.7a
On Mon, 2003-03-24 at 16:45, Florian Laws wrote:
> Hello,
>
> while updating an Exim3 to Exim 4.14 on Solaris 8,
> I thought it was a good idea to include TLS support and
> try the new OpenSSL 0.9.7a libraries.
> However, the Exim delivery process crashed when trying
> to deliver to a host that advertises STARTTLS.

OpenSSL change the API and internals on each release. For this reason
its normally very unsafe to update the OpenSSL shared libraries without
updating the packages linking to them.

[This is why the exim rpms, and also the openssh rpms both specifically
require the exact openssl package version that was present on the build
machine]

    Nigel.