Re: [Exim] question regarding freezing/thawing

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: John Jetmore
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] question regarding freezing/thawing
On Mon, 24 Mar 2003, Philip Hazel wrote:

> That message is output when a message is unfrozen by
> ignore_bounce_errors_after, so presumagely you have that set. However,
> if the message fails to deliver again, the error should be ignored.

indeed, it's set to 0s

> > 2003-03-21 18:50:39 mailer-daemon@???
> > <Mailer-Daemon@???> R=lookuphost defer (-1): remote
> > host address is the local host*** Frozen
>
> Ah. Because it's a routing error (rather than a delivery error), the
> message isn't being discarded by ignore_bounce_errors_after.

Is there any way to remedy this? I realize the obvious answer is "fix
the routing error", but that's not really an option - we have clients who
generate mails to invalid addresses from time to time, that's not a
symptom I am able to fix. This constant freezing and thawing is rather
aggravating, especially since I took advantage of the freeze_tell option.

--John