Re: [Exim] Using ACL to block spaam... possible?

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Asbjørn Høiland Aarrestad
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Kopio: Tim Jackson
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Using ACL to block spaam... possible?

>I am trying to make my little server the more secure I can but after three
>days of tests and searches I still can't get SMTP Auth working!
>Here the reason I am looking for something different. I cannot understand
>why SMTP Auth seems to work and then my clients continue
>to succesfully send mail without needing to pass authentication.
>Can you tell me why? I think not ...

If this is why you can't use SMTP AUTH, then you need to take a look at
SMTP AUTH and make it work.

It does work. You just need to work a little harder :-) And when you
don't manage to get SMTP AUTH working, just ask the list, add some lines
of your config, and I'm sure you'll get it working in a day or two.

And the anwer from Tim was not bad, but a very good one, pointing out
that you should use SMTP AUTH if someone outside your local network is
to use your mailserver as a relay. It's either SMTP AUTH or nothing. If
they don't want to use SMTP AUTH, then you should use the SMTP server in
the dialup network.

- Asbjørn